Thermal Balancing Valves
Hot Water Balancing & Prevention of Legionella Growth
- Domestic hot water systems that are not hydraulically balanced will experience a higher pressure drop further down the hot water line, this results in the furthest rooms receiving the lowest amount of hot water. The potential issue of such a situation is that hot water pipe lines further away from the hot water source will have a temperature lower than the recommended temperature of 55°C to 60°C. Temperatures between 30°C to 45°C is an ideal temperature range for the growth of Legionella, which can cause a type of pneumonia called Legionnaires Disease when a person breathes in the mist from waters containing Legionella.
- Thermal Balancing Valves ensure that the temperature in hot water systems are kept within the hot water range to prevent growth of Legionella as well as to protect against scalding by regulating the flow of water depending on the temperature.
- They restrict the flow of water at high temperature and allow more flow at lower temperatures.
Thermal Balancing Valve
- Material : Red Brass / Bronze rg5
- Sizes : DN15 – DN25
- Max Operating Pressure : Up to 16 bar
- Adjustable control range: 35°C to 65°C
- Thermal disinfection temperature: > 70°C
- Max permissible operating temperature: 90°C
- Kv range at Δp = 1 bar: 0.05 – 3.2 m3/hr
- Connections : Male / Female Threaded
- Application : Thermostatically controlled precision regulation of return flow to maintain constant hot water temperature in hot water system.